Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
166 posts
201,980 visits

Georgia Food Stamp Program

friendshelpingfriends started this conversation

The Georgia Food Stamp program provides monthly benefits to low-income households to help pay for the cost of food.  A household may be one person living alone, a family, or several, unrelated individuals living together who routinely purchase and prepare meals together.

Click Here For Website

Anyone may apply for food stamp benefits.  The program helps households that have limited income and resources. 

Click here to obtain information about applying for benefits and to find out about eligibility requirements.

When an application which provides the name of the head of household, date and signature of the head of household or another household member is received, either through the mail or in person or by fax, to the Department of Family and Children Services, the application is considered filed. Both a blank application and information on the application process are available below in Adobe Acrobat format.

After your application is filed, you or a member of your household must be interviewed by a staff person from DFCS.  The person who is interviewed must know about your  household situation. 

For an elderly/disabled individuals or individual experiencing problems coming to the office, the interview may be done by a pre-arranged home visit, through the mail or by telephone.   Elderly/disabled households may qualify for benefits regardless of their amount of gross income.

To apply for benefits contact your county Department of Family and Children Services.

Food Stamps Pre-Screening Eligibility Tool

This Pre-Screening Tool can be used to determine if you may be eligible to receive Food Stamp benefits. This Pre-Screening Tool is not an application for Food Stamps. An application for Food Stamps must be made at your local Food Stamp Office.

Before you begin, you may want to look up the amounts of your earnings, rent or mortgage, utility bills, child support, day care expenses, medical bills (if you are 60 or older, or disable), child support payments or SSI, social security or VA payments.

Civil Rights-Non-Discrimination Statement for Food Stamp Program

"In accordance with Federal law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability."

"To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) -720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."

Locate a County DFCS Office
An interactive map designed to assist you in locating your local county DFCS office.

Click here to add your comment...
i applied for food stamps last month they claimed i missed my appointment, but they hung up in my face. i then got a letter saying denied for june, july, and august. i applied again when i checked my status yesterday july 10th it said recieved. i checked it today and it said not available. does anyone know what that mean because i lost my job and i need the benifits, and this is clayton county ga
Talk to 2blessed2bestressed
this whole new process stinks.... i rather stand in line then sit on a phone for hours and get no help.... phone dead... told 2 call back.....this is going into its third month....and no results can I please get all bugs out so i can move on
Talk to sunhine2014
cody764   in reply to Poppyday13
Thanks so much that us good info,
Talk to cody764
Poppyday13   in reply to cody764
Google these names and see if they have a branch in your town or state .( I got this list from Maryland) Even if they don't give grants , ask if they know who does .

AMC Cancer Research Center(soon to be University of Colorado Cancer Center Fund)*
American Cancer Society (Combined Federal Campaign Only)*
American Liver Foundation* *
Community Health Charities of America*
Talk to Poppyday13
cody764   in reply to woman in a shoe
Thank you so much we will try the churches. Moved here 4 months ago and then. Was found with liver cancer. I just want to feed my family. I don't worry about my food. Just been hard as we didn't expect the medical costs. Thank you for the info and advice. I guess pride made me not call churches as i know they probably have lots in need. Have a blessed day.
Talk to cody764
woman in a shoe   in reply to cody764
Well right now with dhs it takes 10 days they don't do it got before. Also try food banks some church s have food call some of them and see which ones can help good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
We call compass everyday and get hung up after being on hold for hours. I am sick and trying to feed my family and have given all the info, they lost it and told us to bring it to the office and they will scan it. Did that monday and the case still says closed. How do we file a complaint with the state as we have had no food for days
Talk to cody764
Lord help us   in reply to SisterServant
Oh ok i see it now...thAnk you so much..
Talk to Lord help us
woman in a shoe   in reply to kamkar
A lot of people have had problems with there food stamps In dec only thing I can tell u is keep clling the number on the card. U do have a worker call the main number and tell them and they will tell u who your worker is if u can't get your call back the main number and tell them u want your worker manager number good luck
Talk to woman in a shoe
I just briefly scanned through the posts and seen I'm not the only one having problems,
I have been trying to reach anyone at DFCS about my food stamps I received my approval, re certified, got my letter check the computer web site it says you'll be receiving your food stamps on the 19th, I got -0-, nothing. calling the 877 # you get the same recording everyone gets call back they're busy.I have been trying to reach anyone since the 20th of Dec. I even called the state # the lady hung up on me when I was trying to put a complaint in that was my fault though I tried calling back they wont even answer. What do you do? I don't have a case worker I can actually call, I cant take off work to go.I cant even email no one. what to do?
Talk to kamkar
SisterServant   in reply to Lady31
I think she will try to reach you on the one to one mail.
Talk to SisterServant
Lord help us   in reply to SisterServant
Ok...Thanks maam
Talk to Lord help us
SisterServant   in reply to Lord help us
Go to the person's name that you want to talk to. Click their box or picture. You will see the words vist and talk one to one.Click talk one to one. A window should open with the words beneath that says not visible to other persons or search engines.

Talk to SisterServant
amanda3365   in reply to Lady31
Your welcome
Talk to amanda3365
Lady31   in reply to SisterServant
No I did no see it
Talk to Lady31
Lady31   in reply to SisterServant
Thank you
Talk to Lady31
Lady31   in reply to amanda3365
Thank you
Talk to Lady31
SisterServant   in reply to Lady31
Did you see the telephone number that Lord Help us just posted? This will give you some more support also.

Talk to SisterServant
SisterServant   in reply to Lady31
I will pray for you also. God can and will. Read through my public posts and find one of the affirmations of prayer that you can also say/pray EVERY DAY. GOD WILL MAKE A WAY FOR YOU IF YOU TRUST HIM.

Talk to SisterServant
Lord help us   in reply to Lady31
How do u SEND a message private....
Talk to Lord help us